We’ve come full circle to Autumn, my favorite season of the year. I can hardly wait to experience all this time of year has to offer, but reluctant too, as it seems to fly by too fast and then I’ll have to wait another full year to experience it all again.
I love Autumn for the warmth it generates inside your home and soul. Where I live, September and October are still rather warm on some days, turning wet and cold as the months progress toward Winter. I live for rain and I cannot get enough of it this time of year. The cold, wet weather begins to take over outside, driving us all inside to be together and warm. There’s nothing like making a fire and cuddling up with people you love, reading a good book, watching a movie or playing a video game while the weather misbehaves outside.
Some of the best holidays are found in these “ber” months. Christmas is my personal favorite, but Halloween and Thanksgiving are a close second and third. I love the sights, smells, sounds and feelings Christmas evokes.
I intend on fully enjoying myself this season and invite you to join me. I will be doing a lot of cooking, crafting, book reading and game playing; among other things. Follow along and try some of these activities for yourself, this is a time we should all enjoy!
I intend on:
- Creating a Halloween movie list for Cameron and I to enjoy watching.
- Carving pumpkins.
- Decorating our rooms for Halloween.
- Enjoying fresh apple cider.
- Roasting pumpkin seeds.
- Making caramel apples.
- Assembling a costume for Halloween.
- Enjoying hot cocoa.
- Cooking a dish for Thanksgiving.
- Visiting Christmas Disneyland.
- Buying and decorating our Christmas tree together.
- Decorating our rooms for Christmas.
- Hand-making presents.
- Creating a Christmas movie list for Cameron and I to enjoy watching.
- Baking Christmas Cookies.
There will be other activities I do, but these are the core basics I've set up for myself.
What do you like to do in the fall?